To mark the International Day of Peace on Wednesday 21 September, Imperial War Museum North opens its doors to organisations ‘working for peace’. The Expo is a chance for visitors to meet representatives from the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament (CND), Amnesty, Freedom From Torture, Musicians Without Borders, Foundation For Peace and Bradford Peace Museum. These groups will host stalls in the Main Exhibition Space and answer visitors’ questions about their work on Sunday 18 and Monday 19 September 2011, between 10am – 4pm.
This is a fascinating chance to encounter those who work for peace at the heart of the Museum’s exhibition spaces - if you are interested in coming along, check IWM North’s website for directions:http://north.iwm.org.uk/server/show/nav.27
There will also be short presentations in the Libeskind Rooms at the following times:
- British Army Presentation Team – Sunday 18 & Monday 19 September at 12.30;
- Alison Ronan (Manchester Metropolitan University) on Sunday 18 at 1.30;
- Catharine Hardy (Freedom From Torture) on Sunday 18 at 2.30;
- Royal Navy Presentation Team on Monday 19 at 1.15;
- Reginald Kingston (experience with MSF) on Monday 19 at 2.30.
We’ll be updating the blog with more info about the events and the organisations taking part over the next few days.Read More